The Dave Milligan Trio
The Dave Milligan Trio sprung into life about the time I moved to Scotland in summer 1998. Since then we have played across the UK and Europe and produced a couple of very fine CDs. During that time we have had times of performing and practising a great deal and then times of being away from the trio. Currently we are between meals and look forward to the next round of creating and laughing. Much information is available here at www.davemilligan.co.uk
Livestream Concert November 2020
During Lockdown, life became a bit challenging for most musicians. The Dave Milligan Trio was lucky enough to take part in an initiative from the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival to perform in their streaming festival November-December 2020.
Recorded at 54EP on Saturday 15 November 2020 featuring the talents of: Justyna Kochanska – Video Recording & Editing, Harrison Reid – Photography and Video Recording, and Stevie Cossar – Sound Recording and Mixing.
The Dave Milligan Trio is: Dave Milligan – Piano, Tom Bancroft – Drums, and Tom Lyne – Bass
Dave Milligan Trio CD – Shops
‘Shops’ is music for jazz trio commissioned by An Tobar, the Tobermory Arts Centre on the Isle of Mull. It’s also about shops.
(*This CD is currently out of print – download only)
released January 1, 2009
Recorded at An Tobar, The Tobermory Arts Centre
Engineered by Gordon Maclean.
Produced by Dave Milligan.
Mastered by Tom Lyne.
Additional recording by Dave Gray at The Sound Cafe.
Soundscapes created by Tom Bancroft.
Photographs by Gordon Maclean and Lieve Boussauw.
Artwork & Layout by Van Gill Media.
Dave Milligan Trio CD – Late Show
The Debut album by the Dave Milligan Trio from 2003.
- “His soulful instincts shine through on a record that qualifies as one of the best British releases of the year.” THE TIMES
- “This excellent disc features Milligan with a sharply sensitive trio – and a remarkably varied and high-quality original repertoire.” THE GUARDIAN
- “…makes an enormous impression – a keyboard master of today who is more melodic than, say, Bobo Stenson, but gentler than Jarret. Certainly that’s the sort of company he belongs in.” JAZZ REVIEW
(*This album is currently out of print – download only)
released July 1, 2003
- Produced by Dave Milligan
- Engineered by Stuart Hamilton
- Recorded at Castlesound Studios, Pencaitland, Scotland
- Mastered by Tom Lyne at Hillshed Studio
- Photography by Zoe Maxwell
- Design & Layout by Lee Whitmarsh & Caber Music
- All compositions by Dave Milligan ©2003